Prevent equine ulcers in your horse with nonprescription UlcerGard.
The oral paste is delivered in a syringe form that is administered to horses every day. The active ingredient in UlcerGard, omeprazole, works to suppress the stomach acids that cause ulcers in horses also prevents equine gastric ulcer syndrome, which can be a painful condition. Equine ulcers can occur if your horse tends to become stressed easily or is prone to stomach acid problems. UlcerGuard comes in a cinnamon-flavored paste for easy ingestion. Dosage during periods of stress is 1/4 tube daily for horses weighing between 600 and 1200 lbs. For horses over 1200 lbs, 1/2 tube daily is recommended. Note: This product does not ship to Australia.
PHS - Pet Health Solutions
Information and Policies
- Ships within 24 business hours.
- Free Shipping on orders over $500 in the continental USA. $5.95 for shipping otherwise.
- International shipping is a flat $30.00 (you will be notified if any additional shipping is required). Shipping promos are not applicable to International shipments.
- Drop-shipping is available - please be sure to put the correct ship to address and in the notes, you can put "Do Not Include Pricing on Invoice"
- Accepts VISA, MASTERCARD, AMEX and Discover. Paypal and Check/Money orders are also accepted.
ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Omeprazole
DOSAGE: The minimum recommended dosage is 1 mg/kg per day (0.45 mg/lb) or 1/4 syringe. When given once daily during the stressful period, ULCERGARD has been shown to effectively prevent stomach ulcers in horses. This effect was tested in horses exposed to stressful conditions for either 8 or 28 days.
INFORMATION FOR HORSE OWNERS
- ULCERGARD is intended for use in healthy horses. If you notice any signs of illness prior to or during the use of this product, consult your veterinarian for appropriate diagnosis and treatment recommendations.
- ULCERGARD may be used in horses that weigh at least 600 lbs. The effectiveness of ULCERGARD in the prevention of gastric ulcers in foals and weanlings has not been evaluated.
- ULCERGARD may be used safely in breeding stallions. Safety in pregnant mares has not been determined.
- Once daily administration of ULCERGARD is recommended in horses exposed to stressful conditions which may include: training, racing, showing, traveling, stall confinement, and competition.
- ULCERGARD is intended for use only in the prevention of gastric ulcers in healthy horses. Clinical signs of gastric ulcers may include: decreased appetite, recurrent colic, intermittent loose stools or diarrhea, poor hair coat, poor body condition or poor performance. These signs may also be associated with other diseases as well as existing gastric ulcers. If your horse is exhibiting one or more of these signs, consult your veterinarian for diagnosis and treatment.